The skincare ingredient which not only benefits every skin type but which also is mandate in your skincare routine is Vitamin C. This potent antioxidant loaded wonder molecule not only works on pigmentation but also helps in anti ageing, collagen boosting, skin brightening and overall skin health.
What is vitamin C serum?
Vitamin C serums are skincare products enriched with different concentrations of Vitamin C. It can be available in liquid form or gel and is applied topically on the skin. Serums are widely available in departmental stores, drugstores and beauty stores too. But it is suggested to use a clinically-proven dermatologist recommended for your skin type.
What to look for in a vitamin C serum?
Whether you are a skincare enthusiast or just a beginner, vitamin c serum is a fantastic product that will render you the best benefits. Topical vitamin c protects, repairs, and enhances your skin. But, not all serums are created equal. There are numerous components that must be kept in mind while investing in Vitamin C Serum.
- FORM : L-Ascorbic Acid is the most stable form of Vitamin C, which penetrates the skin tissue and is more active in collagen production. L-ascorbic stands out from other forms of vitamin C because it’s considered active. Vitamin C is also known to limit the skin damage induced by ultraviolet (UV) light exposure. L-Ascorbic Acid plays a major role in anti-ageing treatments, skin firmness, overall repair, and brightening; it also rejuvenates the skin. It largely helps people with uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and post-inflammation hyperpigmentation. People with sensitive skin or rosacea should use this ingredient only after a dermatologist’s recommendation because it may cause irritation. It best suits oily, dry and combination skin types.
- CONCENTRATION: The higher the concentration, the maximum is effectiveness. You should buy a serum with a higher than 8 percent concentration for desired results.
- PACKAGING: Packaging should always be in dark or tinted bottles to protect it from sunlight. It should be an airtight container to protect your product from getting oxidized. The pump bottle and dropper both work great!
- PRICE: When it comes to quality, price should not be a factor because quality products come at a higher price.
What are Vitamin C serum benefits?
Using Vitamin C serum for face provides the following benefits-
- Reduces hyperpigmentation
- Reduces wrinkles
- Brightens complexion
- Evens skin tone
- Protects collagen and increases production
- Helps protect against sun damage
- Protects from pollution and other free radicals
The Best Vitamin C Serum for face
FCL Skincare “C” Scape 25 Serum is the best vitamin C serum for the face. It is a dermatologist-approved serum enriched with 25% vitamin C in the form L-Ascorbic Acid. This antioxidant serum boosts collagen production in the skin and corrects imperfections like fine lines, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, and dark spots. It’s a vitamin c serum for oily skin, dry skin, combination skin and normal skin as well. For sensitive skin type, it is suggested to consult your dermatologist before using the product because it has a high concentration of vitamin c, which may irritate your skin.
Can I use vitamin C serum every day?
Vitamin C Serum can be applied in morning and night skincare regimen after cleansing and toning. In the morning, use sunscreen after using vitamin c serum on the face.
Can I apply directly vitamin C serum on face?
Yes, you can directly apply vitamin c serum on the face after cleansing and toning. Just take a few drops of serum on the palm or apply directly on the face. Pat gently on the face and leave it till it gets absorbed in the skin. Use a moisturizer after the serum.
Read more - How to treat Teen Acne?