Whether you are a skincare enthusiast who follows the Korean 10-step beauty routine or a person who just keeps it simple with CTM, sunscreen is a must. Sunscreen is a non-negotiable step regardless of the routine you follow. Applying sunscreen daily protects us from wrinkles and fine lines reduces the risk of skin cancer and provides us with younger-looking skin. But do we need to apply sunscreen on cloudy days as well?
The answer is YES!
Why is sunscreen important in monsoon?
- Whether it's a sunny, rainy or cloudy day, the sun rises every day, even if we may not see it. And UV rays from the sun pass through the clouds and reach our skin. Therefore, to protect ourselves from sun damage, applying sunscreen even in monsoon is essential.
- To keep looking younger for a longer time. We all know that getting exposed to UV rays results in fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, and dark spots. To avoid premature ageing and skin cancer, apply sunscreen every day.
- Sunburns are possible even when it is raining. In monsoon, with sunscreen on, it is possible to avoid getting sunburnt.
- Sunscreen is essential 365 days a year.
How to pick the right sunscreen?
Sunscreen is essential in monsoon but choosing the right sunscreen for maximum protection is even more important. Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while choosing the right sunscreen this monsoon:
- Single application does not work the entire day. Reapply the sunscreen every 2 hours if you are under prolonged sun exposure.
- Go for water-resistant sunscreen that does not get washed away with sweat or rain.
- Opt for gel-based sunscreen. This will help in retaining the sunscreen even when you are sweating.
- Buy a sunscreen, keeping in mind the texture and skin tone. Either consult a dermatologist or take expert advice from us to choose the better sunscreen option.
- Apply sunscreen to body parts most exposed to the sun even if the areas are hidden under clothes.
Physical Sunscreen- Chemfree SPF 30
It is a physical sunscreen which offers broad spectrum protection against both UVA & UVB rays.
Chemical Sunscreen- Silicone SPF 40
It is an ultra-light sunscreen that provides superior sun protection against various harmful lights, including UVA, UVB, Blue light, Infra-Red and High Energy Visible Light. It also protects the skin from the onslaught of environmental pollutants.